Innovation Opportunities in Payments post-COVID
Highline Beta has put together a special report on payments innovation opportunities and trends. Crisis Manifesto: Innovation Opportunities in Payments post-COVID examines global industry and consumer behavior shifts and features industry research and lessons from over 70 startup and corporate stakeholders. Companies will need to leverage collaborations with the FinTech ecosystem in order to innovate at light speed, across the full payments stack.
COVID-19 has massively accelerated the growth of e-commerce. What do innovation opportunities in Payments look like in post-COVID world?
- Simple, Secure and Seamless: The pandemic has boosted digital payments, fuelling demand for contactless, seamless and secure payment options.
- SMBs Turn to Digital: The impact of COVID-19 on payments has created unprecedented new opportunities for innovation at every level of the payment stack, particularly for SMBs.
- 10 Years in 8 Weeks: E-commerce penetration in the US climbed to 27% from 16% in just eight weeks of quarantine, shining spotlight on the need for Digital ID, improved security, payment finality and irrevocability, data-rich payment standards and APIs.
- Social Networks as Payment Networks: People spent over $115 billion in mini apps on WeChat in 2019 alone. The battle for who will dominate the mobile payments industry is only just starting to heat up. What’s next? Native digital money.
- The big rethink: The great acceleration has unlocked new ways to build products and services in loyalty, gaming, data markets, cybersecurity, lending, and more. Is your company ready?
Key takeaways from the report:
“Change is not a threat, it’s an opportunity. Survival is not the goal — transformative success is.”
Highline Beta is a corporate innovation and venture development firm. We’re entrepreneurs, investors, designers and product experts. We work with the Fortune 1000 to drive growth innovation with speed and an investor’s mindset.
We dig deep and take action, providing clients with the right mix of innovation services and outcomes to create measurable growth opportunities. We believe in startup-corporate collaboration as the ultimate unfair advantage. Our fund invests in startups that have meaningful relationships and pilots with our corporate clients. When this works, everyone wins.
For more, please visit https://highlinebeta.com/ Want to learn more or get in touch about the report? Email us at [email protected]
About Highline Beta
Corporate innovation is changing faster than ever. And opportunities abound for big companies to build a portfolio of ventures internally and externally, beyond their core.
Get Innovation Insights in your inbox
Be the first to hear about Highline Beta events, resources, insights, and accelerator programs.
372 Bay Street, 2nd floor Toronto, ON
555 Burrard St, #200
135 Madison Ave
New York, NY
© Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved
3 Place Ville Marie Suite 400 Montreal, Quebec H3B 2E3
30 S. Wacker Drive, 22nd Floor
145 S. Fairfax Avenue Suites 200 & 300
Los Angeles CA