Build your next startup with a dedicated team + Fortune 1000 corporate in your corner
Our venture studio is made for repeat founders who are deeply passionate about a problem space or idea that aligns with those of our corporate partners.
Work with our seasoned team of operators and investors to validate, build and launch your VC backed startup within 6-9 months. We also co-lead your pre-seed raise and invest in your institutional seed round.
Why build your next startup with us?
✔ Expert venture studio team of startup product managers, designers and engineers to help you validate and launch your MVP.
✔ Unique access to our Fortune 1000 corporate partners provides an unfair advantage for growth and revenue.
✔ We provide the initial capital to get you to launch as well as lead or co-lead your pre-seed and institutional seed funding rounds.
Our startup portfolio
How our Venture Studio model works
“Highline Beta’s venture studio model accelerated our growth by 1-2 years. We had a Fortune 500 corporate partner from day one, an investor in Highline Beta, a team of 5 people, an office and a ton of support that allowed me to focus on the business.”— Greg Boutin, Founder and CEO, Relay
Founders: We’re with you every step of the way
Venture Studio Resources
- Product: Vision / strategy / roadmap development, market research / sizing / positioning, value proposition refinement, business modelling, growth funnel development
- Design: User interviews, customer journey mapping, interactive prototypes, IA mapping, low-high fidelity designs, user testing
- Technology: Rapid prototyping, MVP build, hosting / infrastructure management, guidance on architecture and development best practices
Turnkey Startup Operations
- Covers: Incorporation, bank setup, legal, early financial model, accounting and insurance
- $25k provided to fund initial operational setup
- Pre-negotiated deals and setup with preferred vendors
- Lifetime access to network of resources (SMEs, contractors, investors, corporates, other portfolio co’s)
Venture Capital Investment
- Initial runway capital (at incorporation): $100k
- Highline Beta’s equity position at incorporation: 25%
- Pre-seed target investment: $250k-$500k
- Up to $1M total investment available through institutional seed round (or in follow-on rounds)
Corporate – Startup Collaboration
- Exploration of joint ventures or other commercial deals with our corporate partners
- Preferred access to corporate accelerator programs
- Potential for investment from corporate partners’ investment funds
Corporates: Ignite growth beyond the core
We’ve worked with some of the world’s leading enterprises in developing and executing their innovation strategy. Whether it’s helping to discover new opportunities for growth, validating existing ideas, or partnering with startups, we help corporates build innovative ventures that win in market.
With a top notch pre-seed investment track record, our team provides a venture capitalist’s lens in helping corporates build a balanced portfolio of ventures.
Learn more about our corporate innovation services.
News from our Portfolio
Co-Creating High-Growth Ventures: American Family Insurance, a Fortune 500 company partnered with Highline Beta to build Relay, a high-growth venture focused on reinsurance. Relay just announced its US$2M seed round.
We engaged one of our corporate partners to help evaluate the opportunity we saw in the market. And after months of research and validation, alongside our team, Moselle was born. Today, Moselle is live offering trade businesses easy-to-use trade financing and currency exchange services.
Q: Do you have a specific focus on particular industries?
A: We’re focused on opportunity areas that match those of our corporate partners. Today these industries including financial services / banking, insurance, health & wellness, supply chain, sustainability, and DTC enablement.
Q: What kind of support can I expect from the venture studio team?
A: Our team of seasoned startup builders and pre-seed investors have a proven track record of validating, building, and launching startups that go on to raise 3rd party institutional funding. We take a hands on approach and live and breathe your startup alongside you, day in and day out.
Q: What if I don’t have an idea?
A: While we typically work with founders who already have an idea, we won’t let that stop us from working with exceptional founders. If you’re still searching for an idea, we’ll work with you through a 4 week ideation sprint to help you find one. While we don’t provide capital yet, our studio team assists you during this period. Once we’ve got strong conviction of an idea to validate and build as a venture backable startup, we incorporate and provide capital.
Q: Do you offer a salary for founders?
A: Once we align on an idea, we incorporate a CCPC and setup an employment contract for you. We provide $125,000 in capital up front: $25,000 to cover initial operating setup costs, as well as $100,000 to cover salaries and other expenses (runway to get you to pre-seed funding).
Q: How much equity do you take?
A: At incorporation, we take 25% equity in exchange for $125,000 of initial capital to setup and incorporate your startup, as well as provide 6-9 months of runway to get you to pre-seed funding. We also co-lead your pre-seed round and invest in your institutional seed round, with up to $1M available beyond the initial capital.