On June 26th, 2023 Intuit in partnership with Highline Beta and TechTO hosted the first in-person Demo Day in the three-year history of the accelerator. It was an incredible crescendo for the 4-month program featuring insightful conversations, startup presentations and celebrations.
Setting the Stage – A Fireside Chat with Intuit’s CTO
The event kicked off with a fireside chat with Marianna Tessel, Intuit’s CTO and David Marquis, VP and Canada Country Manager at Intuit. The insightful conversation discussed Marianna’s impression of Toronto’s vibrant tech ecosystem, Intuit’s approach to collaboration with startup and innovation ecosystems, emerging trends in fintech and their impact on customers. Watch the full recording of the fireside chat and the event here.
Startup Showcase – The Main Event
Eight startups shared a spotlight to present their companies in front of a 200+ crowd featuring prospective investors, innovation leaders, Intuit employees and ecosystem collaborators. Each founder presented their startup journey and how their solution is powering financial prosperity for consumers, SMBs and self-employed individuals.
Startup presenters included:
- Chexy presented by Abtine Monavvari
- Carbonhound presented by Sanders Lazier
- goPeer presented by Marc-Antoine Caya
- LenderBidding presented by Jason Geall
- NetNow presented by Nauman Hafeez
- Parachute presented by Bruce Hodges
- Requity Homes presented by Amy Ding
- Spruce Software presented by Mike Magnacca
Awards Ceremony – The Winner Takes It All
The Award Ceremony concluded the official part of the Demo Day presenting two awards in the following categories:
- Customer Obsession Award is presented to a startup that demonstrated outstanding commitment to the Design for Delight (D4D) process by embracing, embodying and mastering the core principles of the D4D framework. The winner was chosen by the expert panel at Intuit.
- Best Pitch Award is presented to the startup with the most compelling pitch voted by the audience during the event.
Celebrations and Networking
After the startups pitched, there was a cocktail reception and networking session where event attendees got to meet the presenting startups, special guests and mingle with the tech community members at the Intuit Toronto office.
All-in-all, it was a perfect way to showcase the achievements of a 3-year old journey and bring our incredible community together to celebrate everything we have accomplished through this startup-corporate collaboration platform.